I'm sorry to tell you this. In about a week, I'm going into hibernation for the winter. I'll be back in the spring. Okay, so I might put up a squeaky clean post now and then, if I can keep it on the DL (send me a note if you want to be able to read posts)....we'll see...
Don't forget me! XOXO
S'mores Bars (a choose your own adventure recipe)
- about 10 graham crackers, crushed (see my crushing opinion here)
- 5 T butter, melted
- 2 T brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- a couple graham crackers, broken in pieces.
Brownie Layer (the choice is yours):
- A.)*my choice.*TJ's Truffle Brownie mix + 1-2 oz melted chocolate + whatever butter/egg amount it requires on the box
- B.)Your favorite brownie recipe
- C.) Melt 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate with 3/4 cups butter in the microwave (about 1-2 minutes on high. Uses residual heat to finish the melting.) Stir in 2 cups of sugar and 1 tsp vanilla, then 3 eggs. Mix until well combined. Add a cup of flour.
Preheat oven to 350 °.
Grease a 13 x 9 pan. Mix crust ingredients together with a fork and press into prepared pan. Bake for about 5-7 minutes...until it smells yummy but not until it browns too much. Remove from oven.
Spread whichever brownie batter you've chosen over the crust. Return it to the oven. I can't tell you how for long because my oven is NUTS. I'd say check it after 20 minutes. It might take up to 30 or 35. Err on the side of gooey. Really, don't let it get all the way done. Remove it from the oven. Quickly sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham shards over the batter. Turn the oven up to broil and return the pan to the oven. Keep a close eye on it and remove it when the marshmallows look toasty, about 2-3 minutes.
Let cool, if you can bear it. It helps if you spray your knife with cooking spray before cutting.